Terms & Conditions
1. This website can be accessed at householdplastic.co.za (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Household Plastics (PTY) (LTD) (“Household Plastic”, “we”, “us” and “our’)
2. These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods, and use of the Website.
3. These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“You”, “Your” or “User), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”)
4. By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
5. The Website enables you to shop online for an extensive range of goods including home, kitchenware, plastic, glass, party, baby and toddler products, toys, pet supplies, and more (“Goods”).
6. When placing an online order a user profile will be created for which will serve as consent to and acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
7. These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2009 (the “CPA).
8. These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which:
- May limit the risk or liability of Household Plastics or a third party; and/or
- May create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- May compel the user to indemnify Household Plastics or a third party; and/or
- Serves as an acknowledgment, by the user, of a fact
9. Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted
10. Should you not understand any of the contents of these Terms and Conditions, you are advised to contact Household Plastics to assist with any further explanation of the Terms and Conditions before accepting them.
11. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or Household Plastics in terms of the CPA.
12. Household Plastics permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally and you must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
1. “Website” means our online stores, which can be accessed at www.householdplastic.co.za
3. “Customer” means any natural or juristic person who enters or intends entering into an electronic transaction with Household Plastics as the user of the goods or services offered by Household Plastics;
5. “Items” means the product/s selected by the consumer for purchase when placing an order on our Website.
7. “Order” means the collection of items purchased by you from our Website.
8. “Policies” means the various Household Plastics policies contained in or referred to herein and on our Website, including frequently asked questions (“FAQs”) and product information, which form part of these Terms and Conditions and which may be updated from time to time;
9. “Products” means all products or services displayed for sale on our website, including but not limited to: homeware, furniture, bathroom and laundry, kitchenware, toys, gift vouchers, plastic, glass, and delivery.
10. “Working Days” means between 08h00 and 17h00 Monday to Friday, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and statutory public holidays in the Republic of South Africa.
- Insofar as these Terms and Conditions fall within the ambit of the Act, the following information is made available to you in respect of the Supply of goods and/or services offered for sale, by way of an electronic transaction;
- Our Contact details are set out on our Website
Goods and/or services: The goods and/or services provided through the Website are various services which enable you to give instructions to us.
1. Only registered users may order goods on the Website.
2. To register as a user, you must provide your valid email-address that will serve as your user name and a password and provide certain information and personal details to Household Plastics. You will need to use your email address and unique password to access the Website in order to purchase any goods.
3. You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
3.1. be used for personal use only; and
3.2. not be disclosed by you to any third party.
4. For security purposes, you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
5. You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorized or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
6. You agree to notify Household Plastics immediately upon becoming aware of our reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
7. By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
8. You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt with the proper working of this website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein. The following activities on or through the Website and Social Media Platforms are expressly prohibited:
8.1. Any non-personal or commercial use of any robot, spider, other automatic device or technology, or manual process to monitor or copy portions of the Website or Social Media Platforms or the content contained thereon;
8.2. The collection or use of any listing, descriptions, and/or price lists from the Website or Social Media Platforms for the benefit of a completing merchant that supplies products comparable to those offered on the Website; and
8.3. Any use or action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load of traffic on the Website or Social Media Platforms, or otherwise interferes with the proper and timely functioning of the Website or Social Media Platforms;
8.4. Any attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or its related systems or networks; or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes; and
8.5. The reverse engineering or decompiling of the Website to (without limitation) build a competitive product or service, build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the service, copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Website.
9. Household Plastics is active on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Whatsapp and other social media platforms from time to time (“Social Media Platforms”).
10. You may not use this website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful. You are further prohibited from posting or transmitting by means of reviews, comments, suggestions, ideas, questions or other information through the Website and Social Media platforms, any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane or hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content of any kind, which content includes but is not limited to:
10.1. Any content that may fall within the scope of Section 9 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, which prohibits discrimination;
10.2. Any content that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law;
10.3. Any content that constitutes an invasion of privacy;
10.4. Any content that is an infringement of any intellectual property right;
10.5. Any content that contains software viruses;
10.6. Any content that constitutes a political statement, commercial solicitation or “Spam”.
10.7. Although we do not purport to review (nor are we under obligation to review) any submitted content, we reserve our right to remove any content from the Website or Social Media platforms where we deem such content, in it’s sole and absolute discretion, to be an infringement of our rights or harmful in anyway whatsoever. Should you place on or submit to the Website or Social Media platforms any such harmful content or should you breach any clause in these Terms and Conditions, we may immediately terminate and/or suspend your access to all or parts of the Website or Social Media platforms, without any further notice to you.
11. You may not in any way display, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/ore information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorized Household Plastics representative.
12. You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes only. Without derogating from the generality of the aforegoing. If you should choose to access or use this website from locations other than the Republic of South Africa, you do so at your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
13. When you register on the website, you will be required to provide certain access details, including a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username and password for access to the website and you will accept full liability for all activities that occur on or involves the Website under your username. You may not:
13.1. Allow other people to user your username and password;
13.2. Impersonate another user or any third party;
13.3. Provide false information to gain access to the Website
14. You also warrant your identity (in other words, you are who you say you are), and that you can provide your identity should we require you to do so.
15. Although reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the contents, data, and information on this Website, there may be instances where such information proves inaccurate or incomplete. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect you or your business, you should take all reasonable steps to ensure and verify the accuracy of the contents, data and information obtained from this Website, especially if certain information appears to be inaccurate, particularly product pricing and promotional content.
16. Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing, this Website could include technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and you are urged to contact your own professional advisors to confirm all information contained on this Website prior to placing reliance thereon.
17. Changes are periodically made to the information herein and these changes will be incorporated in the Website.
1. Registered users may place orders for Goods, which Household Plastics may accept or reject. Whether or not Household Plastics accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorization by Household Plastics for the Goods.
2. NOTE: Household Plastics will indicate the acceptance of your order upon payment and receipt of confirmation and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Household Plastics comes into effect (“The Sale”).
3. Household Plastics will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
4. Prior to delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may return the Goods only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
5. Placing Goods in a wishlist or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold Household Plastics liable if such Goods are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
6. You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. Household Plastics will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, Household Plastics will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
7. Certain Goods may not be purchased for resale. Should we suspect that any such Goods are being purchased for sale, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately on notice to you.
8. You will be required to provide certain information, in order to purchase products that are displayed on our Website, which may include personal information.
9. Use of our Website confirms your understanding and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and you will be bound to these Terms and Conditions during all transactions relating to the purchase of products from our Website.
10. Prices displayed on our Website are subject to charge without notice. Prices will include Tax, where this is required by legislation.
11. We will notify you as soon as we can if any items ordered are not available, please note that this may take a few days depending on the delivery and payment method.
12. Once you have selected your payment method, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
1. We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
2. Payment for Goods can be made via:
2.1. Debit Card;
2.2. Credit Card; where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorize and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorization is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorization your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorized to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website.
2.3. Cash: only if you are collecting the goods at our store. Cash will not be accepted for the delivery option.
3. You may contact us to obtain your payment confirmation and we will also send you email communications about your order and payment;
4. Once you have selected your payment method (save for the cash option for in-store collection), you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the goods.
5. Payment is subject at all times to Household Plastics’ agreement with its bankers and any outsourced financial transactions service provider.
6. Please note that payment via EFT can take up to seventy two (72) hours to reflect in our bank account, depending upon the bank that you use and available funds in your bank account.
7. If we have not received your payment within seventy two (72) hours, your order will not be accepted and will be automatically cancelled.
8. We regret that we do not accept cheques.
9. Once your payment has been received you will be issued with acknowledgement of payment and the delivery process will then commence.
- Where you have used a Gift Voucher to purchase a product that you later return for a refund in accordance with the policy, we cannot refund you in cash for that portion of the purchase price which you paid using the gift voucher, but we will credit your voucher
- Gift Vouchers are non-refundable.
1. We may alter/or amend the Website at any time without giving notice to you.
2. We may suspend or terminate the Website at any time without giving notice to you.
3. We may terminate your account at any time for any reason, including any improper use of this Website or your failure to comply with any provision of these T & C’s.
4. Such terminations shall not affect any right or remedy to relieve to which Household Plastics may be entitled.
5. Upon termination of the website or your account, all rights granted to you will terminate and revert to Household Plastics
6. Household Plastics may at anytime modify these terms and conditions without notice to you. If you are not satisfied with the amended terms and conditions, you should refrain from using the website, as your continued use of the website is deemed to constitute your acceptance of the terms and conditions as amended and in force at the time of your use.
7. We advise you to read and take notes of these terms and conditions each and every time you visit the website, as they may have been modified since your last visit. You shall be deemed to have read and accepted the latest version of the terms and conditions available on the website whenever you visit the website.
- The product supplied by us shall be a suitable only for the purpose designed and intended and you shall ensure the products are handled, stored, installed, used, worn or otherwise dealt with in a normal and reasonable manner, and where applicable, in a manner consistent with the instructions given when the products were purchased.
- We shall not be liable for any action or claims for injury or damages of whatever nature arising from or in connection with the use of the products in breach of these terms and conditions.
1. Whilst every attempt is taken by Household Plastics to insure your security when making use of the website, due to the nature of the Internet we are unable to guarantee that any products and services or any websites accessible via the website will be uninterrupted or virus or error free. We therefore caution you to check all emails, attachments and files before downloading them.
2. We may provide links to other websites, social media sites or resources. We are unable to accept, and do not accept, responsibility for these websites, social media sites or resources, nor have we endorsed the content, products or services merely because they are accessible via the Website.
3. While we make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided by us in connection with the website is accurate at the time of its inclusion on the Website, you acknowledge and understand that they may be errors, including incorrect prices, inaccuracies or omissions in respect of which we exclude all liability. We make no representations, guarantees or warranties of any nature whatsoever concerning the information included on our website. You shall be solely responsible for any decisions or actions you take based on the information contained on such webpages.
4. While we take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any information your input or sent to us in connection with the Household Plastics Website, by using secure services and encryption technology where we deem appropriate, we accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever, as far as the law allows, for any damages that you may suffer as a result of the breach of the confidentiality of such information.
5. You hereby agree, to as far as the law allows, to indemnify Household Plastics against any loss, claim or damage suffered, or liability sustained by you or any third-party acting for you, due to the use of our website and or any third-party websites linked to our website.
6. We shall not be liable to you in contract, delict, including for negligence or otherwise for:
6.1. Any amount in respect of any damage or loss arising from the consequence of your use of the website, viruses received by you via the website or of our failure to provide the website in accordance with this agreement.
6.2. Any economic losses or damages, any indirect, special or consequential loss including without limitation: loss of data, goodwill or reputation or any wasted expenditure including but not limited to losses arising from your use of the Website or through any viruses.
6.3. Any failure to perform our obligations or failure to perform our obligations properly as a result of our being prevented from doing so by any event beyond a reasonable control which may include, without limitation: strikes, labor disputes, acts of God, war, riot, civil action, malicious acts or damage, compliance with any law, governmental regulatory order, rule, regulation or direction, any act or omission of any government or other competent authority, accident, equipment or services failure, including the unavailability of third-party telecommunication services, lines or other equipment, the failure of third-party suppliers to comply with the obligations to us, fire, flood or storm.
7. Each provision of the above clause operate separately. If any part is held by a court to become unenforceable due to voidness, invalidity, illegality or unlawfulness, then the other part shall be severable and shall still apply in their entirety.
2. personal information when used in this policy means information that can identify you as an individual or is capable of identifying you.
3. your use of our website signifies your consent to us collecting and using your personal information.
4. we may collect the following information about you:
4.1. you may provide personal information to us when communicating with us or registering an online user profile.
4.2. You may order a product or a service and provide your name, email address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiry date so that the order can be processed and your products [or services where appropriate] delivered to you.
4.3. you may also be asked for your telephone number or cell phone number.
4.4. When you call ask, we may monitor or record your calls and store details of the phone number you used to make the call. This information is used to better address your customer service needs.
4.5. If you enter a competition or participate in a promotion, we will ask you for your personal details and any other relevant information about you.
4.6. When you connect to the Internet using our services, we may collect your calling line identification number.
4.8. It may be that you provide to us details of credit or debit card or bank accounts in order to make any payments to us. Any such information [confidential financial information] will be used by us only for the specific purpose for which it was provided to us.
5. We may use your information to confirm that your orders have been received; to validate you as a customer when using our services and calling any of our shops; to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our services or network; to prosecute those responsible and to contact you to invite you to form part of our consumer panel or various research groups.
6. We may also use your personal information and process such information for the purposes of management, research, analysis, corporate reporting, credit scoring, affordability assessment, and improving business efficiencies.
7. We may use personal information collected about you to contact you by post, telephone and electronica mail [that his email, picture, video, and SMS] about any changes to our website, services or changes to our Terms and Conditions, and to communicate with you about your customer benefits and advise you regarding any news about services including any promotions or sales.
8. We may use your information to contact you by post or phone about any new offers and services. We may also contact you by electronic mail for these purposes, subject to any preferences elected by you.
9. Subject to your preferences in respect of each of our services, select third parties may use the personal information collected about you to contact you about information that you might find interesting.
10. The time periods for which we keep information may vary according to the use or purpose attached to the information. Unless there is a specific legal requirement requiring us to keep your information, however, we will not keep it for longer than necessary for the purpose for which the information was collected or for which it is to be processed. We will in any event delete or destroy any personal information, which has become obsolete.
11. Household Plastics reserves the right to access and disclose personal information to comply with applicable laws, regulations and lawful government requests, to operate it systems and properly protect itself or its users or dissolve any customer disputes.
12. We may provide aggregate statistics sales, customers, traffic patterns and other website information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could identify you.
13. We may from time to time elect to make use of other companies to provide some of our services, and our services will then be offered through third-party services or service providers on our Website. We may then share your personal information with these companies. These companies can and will process this information and will be obliged to keep such information confidential.
14. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. On revisiting our website, our computer server will recognize the cookie, giving us information about your visit.
15. We may allocate cookies during the registration process for our services. These cookies will hold information collected during your registration and will allow us to recognize you as a customer and provide you with the services you require. If your browser is set to reject cookies, you may not be able to register for some services. We may also use this to better understand your interests while online and to personalize your visit to our website.
16. if you would like us to stop processing your information for marketing purposes, please email us or call us.
1. All content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, photographs, audio clips, databases and software [“the content”], is the property of Household Plastics or it’s suppliers and is protected by South African an International copyright laws. Furthermore, the compilation [meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly] of all contents on this website is the exclusive property of Household Plastics and is protected by South African and International copyright laws.
2. Except as stated herein, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, except as permitted by the fair use privilege under the South African copyright laws or with the prior written permission or consent of Household Plastics or the copyright owner.
3. You may not “mirror” any content contained on the website or any other server unless with the prior written permission of Household Plastics.
4. You may not use any Household Plastics’ logo or any other proprietary graphic, trade name or trademark whatsoever without the express written permission of Household Plastics or any of it’s suppliers.
5. All trademarks and trade name are and shall remain the exclusive property of Household Plastics.
6. The unauthorized submission, removal, modification or distribution of copyrighted or other proprietary content is illegal and could subject you to criminal prosecution as well as to personal liability for damages.
- Should you breach any of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to cancel any order and/or your website registration, notwithstanding our rights to exercise other legal remedies available to us.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
Please forward any customer feedback or complaints to the following: